Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kitchen Island


David is so talented when it comes to doing home projects, he amazes me. When I come up with an idea for decorating our home he has always been able to do the project with perfection. My idea for a long time has been to make our kitchen island look like a separate piece of furniture from the rest of our kitchen cabinets. Well back in June I found a remnant piece of quartz for the top of our island. It was already finished, the perfect size and most importantly the perfect price. I had already been thinking about colors for the island. Originally I wanted the Pottery Barn color Jalapeno pepper (a green color). But when I found the remnant it didn't go with the jalapeno green. So, I decided to go with a different color that would compliment the quartz piece. The color I went with is Linden Blue which matches a pottery piece I absolutely love in my home. I am antiquing the island with an antiquing medium that I ended up having to order because no one carries it. The island is all painted now and David is going to put the top on today. I will antique it this coming week. Here are some before and during pictures of the process. I will post more pictures when the island is finished.







No comments: